Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Watch a heads/cam Gen V Viper punch above its weight vs. 1000+ hp competition

The Gen V Viper is the car that enthusiasts everywhere should love and respect. Everyone complains these days cars are too heavy, poorly balanced, do not have manuals, and that they lack race bred naturally aspirated motors. The Viper is everything enthusiasts supposedly say they want.

Click here to enlarge

It's a spectacular vehicle that deserves more praise than it gets. This example in the video has a heads/cam upgrade and long tube headers. It is tuned on pump gas. Output should be somewhere in that 650 wheel horsepower range.

In the first run it takes on a twin turbo Terminator Cobra. The Cobra is in the ~1000 whp range. The Viper gets a bit of an early start and just leaves the Cobra.

They run again and the Viper opens up a nice lead before the Cobra shows it is making 1000 whp. It takes a couple gears but the Terminator eventually pulls past easily.

A twin turbo Foxbody is up next and it's fast. It hangs in better off the start than the Cobra and pulls.

Next up is a C6 ZR1 with bolt ons and nitrous. Holy crap is it fast. With the nitrous that is. Without it, the Viper pulls.

The final challenger is a FBO heads/cam ZL1 on E85. The Viper is able to pull it up top.

A well driven and strong Viper that certainly punches above its weight. Now imagine if it had some nitrous or boost thrown on top?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool video, thanks for posting it sticky.

I got curious and looked up what modded vipers make, and found this at the top of the search eesults lol. It seems like this Viper could easily have been making over 700 wheel horsepower. And it did not look to me like he was hanging very well with any of them except the ZR1 when itwas off nitrous. Click here to enlarge

Bad ass Viper though, definitely the coolest car in that vid. Agree they dont get as much attention ... probably bc everyone else is jealous lol
    2009 535i Sport
    Software: JB4 G5 | MHD | Trebila Tune | XHP Stage 3
    Hardware: GC Lites | Inlets | Outlet | 3" D-P's | 7" FMIC | S2 LPFP | TBI | DCI | ER CP | Forge DV's | 3.5 TMAP | RB PCV | Koni FSD

2017 AMG C63
    currently stock ... mods to come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LessIsMore Click here to enlarge

I got curious and looked up what modded vipers make, and found this at the top of the search eesults lol. It seems like this Viper could easily have been making over 700 wheel horsepower. And it did not look to me like he was hanging very well with any of them except the ZR1 when itwas off nitrous. Click here to enlarge

Bad ass Viper though, definitely the coolest car in that vid. Agree they dont get as much attention ... probably bc everyone else is jealous lol
    Isn't my content great? That E85 Viper is a beast but it is making more power than this one.

the car in the vid has a mild cam and is on pump gas. The Viper making 740 whp on E85 is tuned on a Motec which is a big part of what makes that possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    These motors rip!

I have a Ilmor MV-10 725hp (Viper V10 based) engine in my boat.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    MILVS- +1mm Increase Intake Valve Lift for N52, N55, S55, N20 Engines
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ift-more-power
    www.bimmerMILVS.com
    Coming soon: +1mm lift Exhaust cam for N52 and N55
    and soon- B58 MILVS with +1mm increase intake valve lift

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CobraMarty Click here to enlarge
    I have a Ilmor MV-10 725hp (Viper V10 based) engine in my boat.
    More pics of that boat?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 that boat looks badass

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OCKE MANNERFELT DESIGN
    B28 'Bat Boat'
    Built October 1994 in Sweden, Hull #5 at Batbygarrna Marine yard

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    www.bimmerMILVS.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a really interesting boat.

Doesn't look like it weighs much of anything either and with that V10... wow.

Where do you use it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Northern Chesapeake Bay and Delaware River. 103mph top speed.

Most interesting design, long, slender, 'pierces waves' and comes out the other side, 'flies' with the rear wings and lands gently. Banks in the turns and the inside 'wing' acts as an inside skating wheel.

I like different, weird, esoteric designs and ideas. Definitely not the norm.
    www.bimmerMILVS.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CobraMarty Click here to enlarge
    I like different, weird, esoteric designs and ideas. Definitely not the norm.
    Same.

Awesome boat.

I need to save up some money so I can get myself something nice for offshore use considering the ocean is so close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LessIsMore Click here to enlarge

I was going to say the opposite that TT mustang took about 3 seconds to get going by then the race would have been over if he was racing someone with a little more power. Remember most of these guys either sand bag or completely over inflate there HP numbers. heads up race always seperate the performers from the posers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markblackwell Click here to enlarge
    I was going to say the opposite that TT mustang took about 3 seconds to get going by then the race would have been over if he was racing someone with a little more power. Remember most of these guys either sand bag or completely over inflate there HP numbers. heads up race always seperate the performers from the posers
    That's how I feel.

The Viper just goes right then and there. The fact it could even put up a fight with much higher power cars is extremely impressive IMO.

A 650 whp Viper can run with quite a few cars making more power if driven well. It only weighs 3200 pounds.